How smart is your hairdresser?
We are passionate about education at Studio 2 and have been building creative hairdressers for almost 40 years. We invest a lot of time and effort in educating our team in the practical and interpersonal skills required to become the very best they can be.
One of the key elements of our education is understanding our teams learning styles, or, as I call them, their “smarts”. People learn in different ways so it’s important to understand the differences so we can play to their strengths.
Over the years I’ve learned that there are eight smarts, these show up in the salon in very interesting ways:
- Linguistic (word smart) – the bookworms, the orators, the storytellers
- Logical/Mathematical (numbers and reasoning smart) – interested in cutting angles, understanding percentages
- Spatial (picture smart) – the image users, the artists
- Musical (music smart) – the tappers, movers and shakers
- Bodily-kinesthetic (body smart) – they learn by doing
- Interpersonal (people smart) – they work best in groups
- Intrapersonal (self smart) – they need to think quietly and reflect
- Naturalist (nature smart) – inspired by the outdoors
When we understand how people learn we can support and nurture them in the right way which, for us, is very important as it keeps our team skilled, happy and motivated to do their best every day.
It’s never too late to develop your smarts – something I’m keen to pass on to the team, after all, who doesn’t want to be smarter?
We are currently recruiting apprentices to start in September, if you’re feeling smart please call 01403 255555 or visit www.studio2horsham.co.uk